Just thought I’d let you know what bubba is like this week.
- Fetal length 23 cm (9.2 inches). Fetal weight nearly 910grams (2 pounds).
- Your baby’s body has started to grow faster than its head. This new sense of proportion makes your baby look more like a newborn. Arms and legs are stronger and bones are hardening. Eyebrows and eyelashes are present and hair on the head is growing longer. Your baby is becoming longer, and although still red and skinny, it’s body is rounding out as fat deposits start to develop under the skin. Genitals are now completely differentiated.
- The lungs are growing, nostrils are open and muscles start to work to give your baby breathing practise prior to birth. Your baby has also developed patterns of sleeping and waking.
- As brain cells start to mature, your baby starts learning and remembering. Your baby can also hear your voice and will start to move in rhythm with your speech. Beats such as drumbeats will also register with your baby, and he/she may move with the beat. Music that is played regularly while your baby is in utero may also be vaguely remembered after birth or later in life.
- It is also important to note that your baby can distinguish its father’s voice if he talks to the baby in utero. This means that your baby will also be able to recognise it’s father’s voice and distinguish it from others after birth.
So cute, it’s so cool that bubs can recognise Daddys voice even. Will have to get Shannon singing to bub more often. Bubba loves it when people sing and will often move around a lot at that time.
Went to Aloma and Scott’s wedding on Sunday. What I saw of it was beautiful…spent most of the ceromony being sick in the bathroom…gotta love those pregnacy hormones!
I have to say a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Shannon for Sunday also. He turned 26. Because we had the wedding to attend, we decided to have a bbq and go bowling Sat night. I was so sick afterwards and spent the next 24 hors being sick 4 times…not nice.
Anyhow, feeling a lot better today so might head into school and see if I can get a little bit organised for my last term there for a while (do I sound excited cause I am!!!).
Gotta go vaccum and wash up first. Belly rubs for all, J xox